Dear colleagues and friends,
We are honored to welcome you to the 1st International congress on Metals in Anaerobic Biotechnologies (IMAB17). IMAB17 aims to provide a unique multidisciplinary platform for discussion of state-of-the-art research related to the role of trace metals (TMs) in anaerobic bioprocesses, with special focus on how to manage and recover them.
Anaerobic digesters, soil reclamation processes or bioprocesses in the food industry among others are clear examples of anaerobic bioprocesses, where addition of TM is often done. A challenging area remains largely unchartered with respect to understanding the role of trace metals (TMs) in enabling anaerobic bioprocesses. IMAB17 aims to create a platform where this major knowledge gap and scientific challenge will be presented and discussed. The role of TMs in anaerobic bioprocesses is a multifaceted topic involving metal chemistry, physical interactions of metal and solids, microbiology and technology optimization. Moreover, the fate of TMs, and the chemical speciation and transport of TMs, in environments receiving discharge waters and how to efficiently recover TM will be covered as well.
IMAB17 also provides an opportunity to stay on top of the latest developments in tools, approaches and methods to identify, assess and manage TMs in various areas of application, including industry, environmental management, societal needs and policy.
- Fernando G. Fermoso. Instituto de la Grasa (C.S.I.C.)
- Antonio Serrano. Instituto de la Grasa (C.S.I.C.)
- Fernando Vidal. Universidad de Sevilla
- Antonia Jimenez. Universidad Pablo de Olavide
- Rafael Borja. Instituto de la Grasa (C.S.I.C.)
- Guillermo Rodriguez. Instituto de la Grasa (C.S.I.C.)
- Francisco Noe Arroyo. Instituto de la Grasa (C.S.I.C.)
- First call for papers: December 2016
- Second call for papers: February 2017
- Notification of acceptance: May 2017
- Preliminary programme: 15th June 2017
- Deadline early bird registration: 7th July 2017 2017
- Final programme: 15th September 2017
- IMAB17 Conference: 4th – 6th October 2017
Instituto de la Grasa, CSIC
Ctra. de Utrera, km. 1
Campus Universitario Pablo de Olavide – Edificio 46
41013 – SEVILLA (España)
Tel:(+34) 95 461 1550